Thai Massage in Alcohol Rehab
Thai massage is a type of traditional medicine that uses deep massage and stressing to manipulate the body’s internal energy system. Thai massage is said to have been created by the Buddha’s physician over 2,500 years ago. Thai massage has been an important part of medical treatment in Thailand for many centuries but in the recent decades it also has become very popular in other parts of the world. Thai massage is far more energetic than other types of massage and it involves a lot of stretching. Some people describe getting a Thai massage like doing yoga but someone else is doing the work. Thai massage therapists use different parts of their own body when working with the client including their feet.
There are a number of benefits associated with Thai massage including:
- It helps people relax
- It improves blood circulation around the body
- Can make people feel energized
- It is good for releasing stress from the body – it is particularly effective at releasing muscle tension.
- It helps to center the mind and body
- It is good for increasing flexibility
- Improves physical range of motion
- It helps to boost the immune system. This means that the individual will be less likely to fall ill because the body is better equipped to fight off infections.
- It may improve digestion
- It is a spiritual practice
All of the benefits of thai massage makes it an essential practice or treatment for someone who is in alcohol rehab. This is part of the reason thai massage and alcohol rehab go hand in hand. Here are some of the benefits thai massage has for people in alcohol rehab:
- It can help alleviate insomnia, and this can be a particular problem for people in early recovery. The ability to get a good nice sleep might also help reduce the feeling of mental fogginess that is associated with post acute withdrawal symptoms.
- It can help reduce feelings of restlessness by releasing trapped energy.
- Most people who enter recovery will be in poor physical condition. Thai massage can help these individuals return to full health.
- It is common for newly sober people to have a great deal of stress stored in their muscles and this can be experienced as tension and tightness. Thai massage can help release this stress.
- Those people who are new to recovery can experience a great deal of stress as they adjust to their new life. Thai massage may help them deal better with this discomfort.
- Thai massage can help people feel better mentally.
- Those people who choose a new life away from addiction may see this as taking a more spiritual path in life. Thai massage can be a good asset on any spiritual journey because this is why it was originally developed.
When people enter into alcohol rehab they usually are experiencing a slew of negative symptoms that thai massage can help with. This is why thai massage is offered at many alcohol rehabs as part of a comprehensive overall wellness plan.