Many addicts start experimenting with drugs and gradually progress into abusive drug or alcohol patterns without realizing that they are becoming addicted. This can be particularly true if their lives have been successful while using the drugs and alcohol. Addicts also aren’t aware of the harm they cause those around them – their co-workers, friends, family members, and loved ones. Anyone involved in their life in the smallest way.
Some may justify their drug or alcohol abuse by telling themselves it’s a personal choice and that it’s no one else’s business. They tell themselves that they are still managing just fine and if others would just leave them alone everything would be perfect. Addicts tend to blame, accuse and become distant from others. Experience has shown how much one person’s addiction can affect multiple people in their lives. That is why great luxury rehabs have an integrated family program.
National statistics indicate that the entire family often suffers when one member is addicted to drugs or alcohol, or is actively suffering from an eating disorder:
▪ More than half of all spouse and child abuse is directly tied to alcohol and drug abuse.
▪ Alcohol and drug-addicted persons are seven times more likely to divorce.
▪ More than 4 million women in this country, many of whom are mothers, abuse drugs.
▪ More than half of all traffic fatalities are related to alcohol and other forms of drug abuse.
▪ Non-alcoholic members of alcoholic families take considerably more sick leave than members of families in which alcoholism is not present.
▪ Alcohol is implicated in 25 to 50 percent of cases of maltreatment of women, and in 20 percent of cases of maltreatment of children.
▪ An estimated 6.6 million children under the age of 18 live in households with at least one alcoholic parent.
Sadly, even if the substance abuser is able to keep up appearances to the outside world, family life often becomes intolerable for his/her loved ones. Yet they may try to cover up what is really happening because it’s just too painful to admit their family is being torn apart by something they cannot control. Without family programs at luxury rehab the healing may begin for the addict but not for the family. This is why family programs at luxury rehab are so paramount in the recovery of every individual who attends.
Family programs at luxury rehab allow all family members to come and see what the addict is doing to better themselves while also finding some of their own healing in a protective, safe, and discreet environment. Many people don’t realize the important of family programs within luxury rehabs but they can make or break the chances of someone’s success after luxury rehab. When the entire family knows what’s going on and can begin their own healing it can help the addict to progress exponentially in their own recovery. Family programs at luxury rehab are an integral part of the astounding treatment offered to each individual. Just like each luxury client gets the best treatment available it is important that the family of luxury client does too. Family programs at luxury rehab are a great place to find real healing for everyone who was involved in the addictive pattern.